- Institute of Development and Labour Law - ‘The labour relations system and the Marikana massacre’. Report submitted to the Marikana Commission of Inquiry.
- J. Theron Informalization from above, informalization from below: Options for organization'.
- J. Theron The shift to services and triangular employment: Implications for labour market reform' Industrial Law Journal.
- P. Benjamin and J. Theron Costing, comparing and competing: developing an approach to the benchmarking of labour market regulation'. Working paper, Development Policy Research Unit.
- J. Theron, S. Godfrey and M. Visser Globalization, the impact of trade liberalization and labour law: The case of South Africa' International Institute for Labour Studies, Discussion paper, Geneva.
- J. Theron Remember me, when all goes well for you' SA Labour Bulletin.